Key decisions of the meeting are as follows:
1) Cabinet decided to institute Asom Ratna Award to be presented every year to one person who has made significant contribution to the society.
➡️Cabinet also instituted Asom Bibhushan Award to be presented to three persons, Assam Bhushan to 5 persons and Asom Shree to 10 persons every year.
➡️The awards will carry Rs 5 lakh, Rs 3 lakh, Rs 2 lakh and Rs 1 lakh respectively with other benefits like free medical treatment of critical illness, free stay at Assam Bhawans, free travel in ASTC buses etc.
2) From this year onwards, Literary Pension to be conferred in the name of litterateur Homen Borgohain on his birthday i.e December 07.
➡️ Sports Pension to be conferred in the name of Arjun Bhogeswar Barua on his birthday i.e September 03.
➡️Artiste Award to be conferred on 17 January every year.
➡️Awards will be announced seven days prior to the presentation ceremony.
3) For smooth implementation of Batadrava Than Cultural and Tourism Project, Cabinet approved allotment of additional land measuring 35 bigha 2 katha 2 lecha to the management committee.
➡️Cultural Minister Bimal Bora will visit and review the status of the project every month.
4) In a major administrative reform, Cabinet approved simplification of flood damage assessment and repairing of infrastructure. DCs are authorised to take necessary action in this regard within the timeframe of April 01 to October 31.
5) Cabinet recommended holding of 1st Budget Session of the present Assam Legislative Assembly from July 12.
6) In all government offices photographs of President, Prime Minister and first Chief Minister of Assam Gopinath Bordoloi to be displayed.
7) With a view to utilise 77 thousand bighas of government land freed from encroachers at Gorukhuti, Sipajhar in Darrang for agricultural purposes, a committee is formed under the chairmanship of MLA Padma Hazarika. MP Dilip Saikia, MLAs Mrinal Saikia and Dr Paramananda Rajbangshi will be other members of the committee while Secretary and Director Agriculture Vinod Seshan will act as Member Secretary.
8) In order to eliminate overloading by coal trucks passing through Assam, the Cabinet decided to check the weights of trucks at Digharkhal and Srirampur inter-state border gates. This practice will continue on pilot basis till March 31.
➡️Chief Minister, Finance Minister and Transport Minister will monitor the whole process.
Featured Image: Representative